Come to the Street Child World Cup in May 2018!
Applications to volunteer at the STREET CHILD WORLD CUP Moscow 2018, are now open. I want to volunteer.
How does it work?
The Street Child World Cup unites more than 200 children and young people, girls and boys, to play soccer on the field, and unite off the field for children who are at risk of the streets. This is the World Cup that matters, and to make it a reality, the organizers are seeking up to 150 volunteers to join them in Moscow. From organizing and delivering the soccer tournament, to the Congress for children’s rights or helping with the enormous logistics, your expertise will be vital.
What is the impact?
Through soccer, the Street Child World Cup exists to challenge the negative perception and treatment of street-connected children. SCWC Rio 2014 reached an estimated global audience more than 200 million in 20 countries and 300 pieces of press coverage. An example of impact is Team India, who used their participation in 2014 to ensure the government commit to the legal registration of Indian street children.
What role can I serve?
As a Key volunteer, you will have responsibility for leading teams of volunteers throughout the tournament. You will be an experienced manager and will work closely with the “volunteer manager” (a staff position) before and during the tournament.
As a Communications volunteer, you are comfortable engaging with young people and project leaders as you capture the event through photography, videography, editorials, PR and / or social media efforts.
As an Arts volunteer, you have skills and experience in art, music, theatre and / or dance. You will be a leader on coordinating the arts element of the tournament, which will include everything from organizing the opening and closing ceremonies, to running workshops for the young people during their free time.
As a general volunteer, you will be providing vital support across a wide range of tasks throughout the tournament to ensure that all players, fans and volunteers have an amazing experience!
What does it take?
- As a volunteer you will need to commit to up to 13 days, excluding travel.
- Every volunteer needs to comply with the child protection policy of Street Child United
- All volunteers will be asked to raise $2,500 for transportation, lodging and food during the 13 days (plus pay for your own flights & visa costs).
– We will provide your with a “GoFundMe” type online page for tax-deductible donations.
- You will need to have raised 100% of your fundraising target by March 30 th , 2018.
- On acceptance of a volunteer place you will need to pay a non-refundable $500 registration fee (this will be deducted from your total fundraising target.)
If you would like more details about the volunteer roles or if you have any questions then please contact:
Volunteer Manager: Helen Denny